Case Management/Care Coordination
HealthKeepers, Inc.’s case management/care coordination program emphasizes collaborative, multidisciplinary teamwork to develop, implement, coordinate and monitor treatment plans that optimize members’ healthcare benefits. The integration of physical and behavioral health is core to members’ holistic care management.
Your patients may already be working with one of our case managers. If not, or if they need help contacting their case manager, please have them contact Member Services.
Our case managers may call members if:
- They or you, their healthcare provider, thinks case management might help the member.
- They’ve just gotten out of the hospital and need help with follow-up visits to other doctors.
- They’re going to the emergency room (ER) often for non-urgent care that could be handled by you, their healthcare provider.
- They call our 24-hour Nurse HelpLine and need more follow-up for ongoing care.
- They have serious physical problems and need more help managing their health.
- They have behavioral health problems and need more help working with all their doctors.
When calling members, our case managers will:
- Always identify themselves by name, title and position with HealthKeepers, Inc.
- Tell the member about the services we offer.
- Talk to the member about their health and how they’re handling different parts of their life.
Case managers can help you with:
- Setting up healthcare services for the member.
- Getting referrals and prior authorizations.
- Checking a member’s plan of care.