Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
HealthKeepers, Inc. uses Availity as its exclusive partner for managing all electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions. EDI transactions — including electronic remittance advices (ERA) and electronic funds transfers (EFT) — offer a fast, efficient and cost-effective way for providers and employers to do business. Availity gives the flexibility to submit transactions through an existing EDI vendor or clearinghouse, or use your own EDI software.
EDI lets you:
- Process claims faster by submitting coordination of benefits electronically and fixing errors early with in-system notification and correction.
- Reduce overhead and administrative costs by eliminating paper claim submissions.
- Speed up enrollment and payment for employer groups benefits.
- Submit files within Availity or use your file transfer protocol (FTP) software.
Availity supports the following HIPAA transactions:
- Healthcare Claim: Professional (837P)
- Healthcare Claim: Institutional (837I)
- Healthcare Claim: Dental (837D)
- Healthcare Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response (270/271)
- Healthcare Services Prior Authorization (278)
- Healthcare Services Inpatient Admission and Discharge Notification (278N)
- Healthcare Claim Payment/Advice (835)
- Healthcare Claim Status Request and Response (276/277)
- Medical Attachments (275)
Payer name and ID
Please work with your clearinghouse, billing service or vendor to determine your payer name and ID.
Login or register with Availity
To send claims via the Availity EDI Gateway, log in to the Availity site.