Case Management Overview
Our Case Managers help make health care easier, and less overwhelming, for our members. They work with our members to help them understand the types of services we offer to them and how to participate in their own care.
Your patients may already be working with one of our case managers. If not, or if they need help contacting their Case Manager, please have them contact Member Services.
Our Case Managers may call our members if:
- They or you, their health care provider, thinks case management might help the member.
- They have just gotten out of the hospital and need help with follow-up visits to other doctors.
- They are going to the emergency room (ER) often for non-urgent care that could be handled by you, their health care provider.
- They call our 24/7 NurseLine and need more follow-up for ongoing care.
- They have serious physical problems and need more help managing their health.
- They have behavioral health problems and need more help working with all of their doctors.
Case managers can also help with:
- Setting up health care services for the member.
- Getting referrals and prior authorizations.
- Checking a member’s plan of care.
From time to time, members may have questions about calls they receive from one of our case managers. When we call, a nurse or social worker will:
- Always identify themselves with their name, title and position with Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem).
- Tell the member about the services we offer.
- Talk to the member about their health and how they’re handling different parts of their life.
Case Management Contact Information
Case management department for Medi-Cal Managed Care (Medi-Cal)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Case management for Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)
Anthem care management support is available 24/7 through Customer Care at 1-855-817-5786.
Learn more about our New Baby, New LifeSM case management and care coordination program for new and expecting mothers on the Maternal Child page.
Learn more about our Case Management program for chronic conditions on the Disease Management/Population Health page.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Reimbursement Policies
- Provider Manuals, Policies & Guidelines
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Provider News & Announcements