Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is committed to providing a continuum of care management from initial contact to coordination of care and interventions. Our behavioral health case managers work closely with our medical case managers to support the behavioral health services needed by our members.
Behavioral Health Areas of Expertise Profile (BHAEP)
The BHAEP is designed to highlight your services, cultural preferences, race, languages spoken, and specialties to our members through the enhancement of our online provider directory. Your answers to the brief survey below will help our members find the right behavioral health provider to fit their unique needs. While extremely helpful in promoting your services, completion of the BHAEP does not affect your credentialing materials/status or provider contract. Because any representation of a clinical area of expertise is based on your self-disclosure and professional judgment, please only select those items that fall within the scope of your state-issued license and clinical experience.
Behavioral health authorizations
Our Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) is the preferred method for submitting authorization requests. With ICR, you can submit or check status of a request, attach clinical documentation and auto-authorize more than 40 common procedures.
Don’t have an Availity account?
Need help with Availity?
- Behavioral Health Interactive Care Reviewer: Training
- Behavioral Health Interactive Care Reviewer: Benefits Brochure
- Behavioral Health Screening Tools
- Screening, Brief Intervention & Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Opioid Use Disorder – Doing More for Patients
- New Behavioral Health Discharge Call-in Line
- Submit Behavioral Health Authorizations via Interactive Care Reviewer
- Screening for alcohol use disorder in high-prevalence demographics