Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) uses Availity as its exclusive partner for managing all electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions. These transactions — including Electronic Remittance Advices (ERA) and Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) — offer a fast, efficient and cost-effective way for providers to do business. Availity offers flexibility to submit transactions through an existing EDI vendor or clearinghouse, or use your own EDI software.
EDI lets you:
- Process claims faster by submitting coordination of benefits electronically and fixing errors early with in-system notification and correction.
- Reduce overhead and administrative costs by eliminating paper claim submissions.
- Speed up enrollment and payment for employer groups benefits.
- Submit files within Availity or use your file transfer protocol (FTP) software.
Payer name and ID
A Payer ID routes electronic data transactions to the appropriate payer.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Availity supports the following HIPAA transactions:
- Healthcare Claim: Professional (837P)
- Healthcare Claim: Institutional (837I)
- Healthcare Claim: Dental (837D)
- Healthcare Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response (270/271)
- Healthcare Services Prior Authorization (278)
- Healthcare Services Inpatient Admission and Discharge Notification (278N)
- Healthcare Claim Payment/Advice (835)
- Healthcare Claim Status Request and Response (276/277)
- Medical Attachments (275)
Login or register with Availity
To send claims via the Availity EDI Gateway, log in to the Availity site.
Don't have an Availity account?
Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Electronic claims payment through electronic funds transfer (EFT) is a secure and fast way to receive payment, reducing administrative processes. EFT deposits are assigned a trace number that is matched to the 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) for simple payment reconciliation.
As of November 1, 2021, use enrollsafe.payeehub.org to register and manage EFT account changes.
Electronic remittance advice (835)
The 835 eliminates the need for paper remittance reconciliation.
Use Availity to register and manage ERA account changes with these easy steps:
- Log in to Availity.
- Select My Providers > Enrollment Center > ERA Enrollment.
Note: If you use a clearinghouse or vendor, please work with them on ERA registration and receiving your ERAs.
Availity Client Services
EDI Solutions Helpdesk