Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Healthcare Solutions (Anthem) uses Availity as its exclusive partner for managing all electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions. EDI, including electronic remittance advices (ERAs) and electronic funds transfers (EFTs), allows for a faster, more efficient and cost-effective way for providers and employers to do business.
EDI lets you:
- Process claims faster by submitting coordination of benefits electronically and fix errors early with in-system notification and correction.
- Reduce overhead and administrative costs by eliminating paper claim submissions.
- Speed up enrollment and payment for employer groups benefits.
- Upload files through secure file transfer protocol (SFTP) or through the Availity Portal.
Using Availity, you can complete the following HIPAA transactions:
- Healthcare Claim: Professional (837P)
- Healthcare Claim: Institutional (837I)
- Healthcare Claim: Dental (837D)
- Healthcare Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response (270/271)
- Healthcare Services Prior Authorization (278)
- Healthcare Services Inpatient Admission and Discharge Notification (278N)
- Healthcare Claim Payment/Advice (835)
- Healthcare Claim Status Request and Response (276/277)
- Medical Attachments (275)
Availity’s EDI submission options:
- Use existing clearinghouse or billing vendor.
- Work with your vendor to ensure connection to the Availity EDI Gateway.
- Become a direct submitter with the Availity EDI clearinghouse.
- A third-party practice or revenue cycle management system capable of generating EDI batch files is required.
Already have an Availity login but want to submit EDI transactions?
- Log in to Availity.
- Select My Providers > choose Enrollments Center > select Transaction Enrollment.
- Follow the steps to enroll as a trading partner.
New to Availity and want to submit EDI transactions?
- Choose an administrator to register your organization.
- When the admin is ready to register, choose the register button on the top of the page.
- Select your organization type and complete the registration process.
- Admin should check email to verify account.
- Once account is verified, admin will agree to the disclaimer, set up security questions, and change password and set up authorized users.
Payer IDs route EDI transactions to the appropriate payer.
Anthem Payer ID:
|00265||Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Healthcare Solutions|
Electronic remittance advice (835)
The 835 eliminates the need for paper remittance reconciliation.
Use Availity to register and manage ERA account changes with these easy steps:
- Log in to Availity.
- Select My Providers > Enrollment Center > ERA Enrollment.
Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Electronic claims payment through electronic funds transfer (EFT) is a secure and fast way to receive payment, reducing administrative processes. EFT deposits are assigned a trace number that is matched to the 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) for simple payment reconciliation.
As of November 1, 2021, use enrollsafe.payeehub.org to register and manage EFT account changes.
Please contact Availity Client Services with any questions at 1-800-AVAILITY (282-4548).
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Precertification Lookup Tool
- Precertification Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Member Eligibility & Pharmacy Overview
- Provider Manuals and Guides
- Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)