Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos, and other training documentation as they are available.
Online training resources
We have developed collaborative partnerships with Elsevier and Relias to offer training to help our providers earn continuing medical education (CME) and continuing education unit (CEU) credits, as well as promote greater understanding of our Medicaid programs, processes, and population needs for all audiences.
Training and tutorials
- Provider coding education (CME/CEU)
- Health Needs Screening provider tutorial
- Availity Appeals and ICR Presentation
- 2020 Provider Quality Incentive Program — Essentials
- Hoosier Care Connection Provider Orientation
- Healthy Indiana Plan 2.0 Provider Orientation
- NPI Fact Book
- Welcome to the Right Choices Program
- DentaQuest Indiana
- Interactive Care Reviewers resources
- Availity Portal Training
The provider manual provides key administrative information, including the quality improvement program, the Utilization Management program, quality standards for participation, claims appeals, and reimbursement and administration policies.
Behavioral Health Toolkit
Anthem Medicaid Academy — Relias: complementary access is provided to an online training. Relias offers many expert-developed courses; including:
- A First Look at Integrating Care Practice
- Abuse and Neglect: What to Look For and How to Respond
- Best Practice for Delivering Telehealth
- Interactive Care Reviewers resources
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment in Action: Improving patient lives
- 2021 Indiana Behavioral Health Provider Incentive Program
- Primary medical providers and behavioral health providers: Working together to treat the whole person
- Behavioral Health Reference Guide
IHCP quarterly workshops and provider webinars
Cultural competency resources
Patient panels are growing more diverse, and needs are becoming more complex. It is important for providers to have the knowledge, resources, and tools to offer culturally competent care. Anthem wants to help by offering the following comprehensive trainings and resources, as we all work together to achieve health equity.
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patients website offers learning experiences, techniques, and helps you to provide the individualized care every patient deserves, regardless of their diverse backgrounds.
Cultural competency and patient engagement
A training resource to increase cultural and disability competency to help effectively support the health and health care needs of your diverse patients.
Improving the Patient Experience
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience is an online course for providers and office staff that addresses gaps in care and offers approaches to communication with patients. This course is available at no cost and is eligible for one CME credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Caring for Diverse Populations Toolkit
A comprehensive resource to help providers and office staff increase effective communication by enhancing knowledge of the values, beliefs, and needs of diverse patients.
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
A clinicians' tool for identifying risky behaviors and providing appropriate intervention.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence-based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders.
The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD).
Learn about Availity
Many of the tools you need — eligibility and benefits inquiry, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations — can be accessed from your Availity account. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
Online training in Availity
Accessing training within Availity
- Log in to the Availity Portal.
- From the Availity home page, select Payer Spaces from the top navigation.
- Select the Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield health plan from the Payer Spaces menu.
- Select Access Your Custom Learning Center from the Applications tab.
- Complete your Profile, if prompted.
- Choose from the available courses listed, search the catalogue, or navigate to specific courses using the Filters menu on the left side of the screen.
Page Last Updated: 09/21/2021