Provider Training Academy
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid (Anthem) offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos and other training resources as they are available.
Trainings & tutorials
- Elsevier Performance Manager Provider Registration
- Telehealth 2.0 - Building a sustainable model
- Caring for Children with ADHD: A Resource Toolkit for Clinicians
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems® (CAHPS) 101
- EPSDT Toolkit
- Getting in front of substance use with Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Improving EPSDT Screening for Members
- Interactive Care Reviewer Presentation: Submit and inquire about behavioral health prior authorizations
- Kentucky Medicaid EDI Companion Guide
- Member Incentive: Help You Patients Earn Rewards for Certain Health Services Through the Healthy Rewards Program
- Member Value-Added Benefit: Free Sports Physicals
- Provider coding education (CME/CEU) Webinars
- New Provider Orientation Presentation
- Ordering, Referring, Prescribing and Attending (ORPA): Helpful Hints Presentation
- Ordering, Referring, Prescribing and Attending Providers Webinar
- ORPA Webinar Presentation and Denial Codes
- Patient360 and Availity Demo
- Peer Support Services Flier
- Primary Care Provider and Behavioral Health Providers: Working Together to Treat the Whole Person
- Provider Digital Engagement
- Healthy Rewards Program
- Professional provider workshop Fall 2019
- Diabetes management webinars
Webinars & recordings
Interactive Care Reviewer training and videos, and registration for live webinar training
Provider Pathways eLearning
Provider Pathways is a 24/7 educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid. It’s designed to be user friendly and gives you flexibility when scheduling training for yourself and your staff.
In order to launch the Provider Pathways eLearning, you must first complete a short registration.
The provider manual provides key information regarding the Quality Improvement Program, utilization management (UM), quality standards for providers, claims appeals, reimbursement policies and more.
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
A clinician’s tool for identifying risky substance use behaviors and providing appropriate intervention.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence-based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders. The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD).
If you wish to print SBIRT educational materials, please review the links below to obtain a downloadable flier and brochure. For any further discussions regarding SBIRT, please contact your Provider Experience or Provider Relations representative.
Learn about Availity
Many of the tools you need — eligibility and benefits inquiry, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations — can be accessed from your Availity account. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
Cultural comptency resources
Patient panels are growing more diverse and needs are becoming more complex. It is important for providers to have the knowledge, resources and tools to offer culturally competent care. Anthem wants to help by offering the following comprehensive trainings and resources, as we all work together to achieve health equity.
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patient website offers learning experiences, techniques, and helps you to provide the individualized care every patient deserves, regardless of their backgrounds.
My Diverse Patients Training: Creating an LGBT-Friendly Practice
My Diverse Patients Training: Breast Cancer Screening for African American Women
My Diverse Patients Training: Reducing Health Care Stereotype Threat
Improving the Patient Experience
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience is an online course for providers and office staff that addresses gaps in care and offers approaches to communication with patients. This course is available at no cost and is eligible for one CME credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Cultural competency training
A training resource to increase cultural and disability competency to help effectively support the health and healthcare needs of your diverse patients. All contracted healthcare providers with Anthem should complete the online cultural competency training.
Caring for Diverse Populations Toolkit
A comprehensive resource to help providers and office staff increase effective communication by enhancing knowledge of the values, beliefs, and needs of diverse patients.
CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Availity, LLC is an independent company providing administrative support services on behalf of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid.