Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid (Anthem) facilitates integrated physical and behavioral health services as a vital part of healthcare. Our mission is to address the physical and behavioral health care of members by offering a wide range of targeted interventions, education and enhanced access to care to ensure improved outcomes and quality of life for members.
We work collaboratively with hospitals, group practices, independent behavioral healthcare providers, community, government agencies, human service districts and other resources. This enables Anthem to successfully meet the needs of members with mental health and substance use disorders as well as those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Behavioral health providers can be accessed directly by Anthem members. Members do not have to contact Anthem for a referral.
For contact information including fax numbers for behavioral health requests and notifications, please visit the Contact Us page.
Behavioral Health Areas of Expertise Profile (BHAEP)
The BHAEP is designed to highlight your services, cultural preferences, race, languages spoken, and specialties to our members through the enhancement of our online provider directory. Your answers to the brief survey below will help our members find the right behavioral health provider to fit their unique needs. While extremely helpful in promoting your services, completion of the BHAEP does not affect your credentialing materials/status or provider contract. Because any representation of a clinical area of expertise is based on your self-disclosure and professional judgment, please only select those items that fall within the scope of your state-issued license and clinical experience.
- Checklist for Serious Mental Illness (SMI)
- Determination criteria checklist for severe emotional disability (SED)
- Getting in front of substance use with Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Interactive Care Reviewer Presentation: Submit and inquire about behavioral health prior authorizations
- Peer Support Services Flier
- Primary Care Provider and Behavioral Health Providers: Working Together to Treat the Whole Person
- Use of Board Certified Consultants Medical Behavioral Health
- Interqual guidelines to determine medical necessity
- Screening for alcohol use disorder in high-prevalence demographics
Behavioral health screening tools
PHQ-9 (Patient Health Questionnaire for depression)